HomeProfile Product RangeIndustriesInfrastructureOur QualityCustom ManufacturingNetworkContact UsSend Enquiry
Pearlescent pigments are special kind of pigments and belong to the
same group of fluorescent and phosphorescent pigments. These pigments are
also known as Pearl Pigments. The name Pearl has given to these pigments
because they possess pearl like shine, when these pigments are covered with
any metallic oxide out of mica slice. These pigments have high transparent
appearance, more smoother plane and higher refractive co-efficient than
other common pigments. These pigments simply look like flat powder.
Pearlescent pigments create unique characteristics for superior products.
By driving aesthetic demand trends and creating a radiant visual impact for
products, special effect pigments enhance and differentiate the products.
Characteristics of Pearlescent Pigments
- Bad conductor of electricity.
- Have high alkali resistance capacity.
- Have high acid resistance capacity.
- Can bear temperature up to 800 degree C.
- No spontaneous combustion nor support the combustion.
- Have good light stability.
- Not harmful for human beings as these are used to pack materials of
- Some products of these pigments can have the ability to resist the
Shinning intensity of Pearlescent Pigments
To Produce pearl like shine in these pigments
Multiple Reflection process is used. Based on this method, Pearlescent
pigments are mixed with greater transparent materials. Sometimes, to get
suitable light in the materials, these pigments are mixed with transparent
pigment or dye. Pearlescent pigments should not be mixed with opaque objects
or with such pigments those have better coverage, because these pigments
will affect the pearl shine. By adding few carbon black powder (say 0.01%),
the shinning effect of these pigments can be increased.
Application of Pearlescent Pigments
The chemical, mechanical and thermal properties
of pearlescent pigments make it an excellent pigment and today, pearlescent
pigments have universal applications.
- The products get a new color quality through these pigments.
- These pigments are completely safe for eatable purpose, hence, these
are used for food packing purpose.
- In toy industries also, these pigments are used.
- In manufacturing of transparent as well as semi-transparent plastic
products, these pigments are used.
- The Pearlescent pigments are also used in coating industries in a
large extent. Any kind of monochromatic coating mixing is used with
these pigments and pearl light coating is produced.
- These pigments are also used in printing industry. Printing-ink
having of different color and luster are manufactured with these
- These pigments are insoluble in water and commonly don't contain any
heavy metals. Therefore, these are considered as environment friendly.